Shrimp Potstickers with garlic shoots and enoki mushrooms.
You can enclose the fillings completely or leave the ends open.
Fillings --- shrimp, garlic shoots, enoki mushrooms.
Ingredients for shrimp potstickers:
2 pk potsticker wrappers
1 lb shrimp
6 oz garlic shoots (or garlic chives)
1 pk enoki mushrooms (7 oz)
1 lg egg white (keep the yolk for later)
Ground white pepper
Sesame oil (opt)
1. Wash and clean shrimp, pat dry with paper towels, then coarsely cut shrimp into small pieces.
2. Marinade shrimp with salt, pepper and egg white, add few drops of sesame oil if using, mix thoroughly, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or longer to firm up the shrimp so it would not be too soggy.
3. Coarsely cut garlic shoots and enoki mushrooms.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients together including the egg yolk, toss and mix everything together.
5. Put about 1 tbsp of filling into the middle of potsticker wrapper, fold into half and seal edges with egg white.
6. Pan fry the potstickers in a non-stick frying pan with some water, cover with lid, cook at medium low heat until all of the water has been absorbed. In case there are some water left in the pan, remove the cover, turn up heat until all of the water evaporated and the potstickers are crispy brown at the bottom.
Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce. I simply mix together some light color soy sauce with few drops of malted rice vinegar (or balsamic vinegar), and some hot pepper sauce.
Check out A Growing Tradition, Thomas has an excellent step-by-step tutorial on how to make potstickers and orange ginger dipping sauce.